(1) 9 thoughts on the matisyahu disinvite, anti-semitism, anti-zionism and leftist discourse
Published on August 17th, 2015.
”I want to invite others on the Left, Jewish and non-Jewish, to join the struggle against anti-Semitism in our movements and in our world, not as a replacement of other struggles, but as a deep, humane and correct expansion of the universal struggle for a more just world.”
(2) Before we all sink into despair: 5 thoughts on hope after the Israeli elections
Published on March 18th, 2015.
”So the question, then, becomes this, to those of us who do have a choice, and are burdened/blessed with the privilege of choosing to despair: Do we allow the terrible parts of these elections (and of this place in general) to deflate us, demotivate us, tear us down?”
(3) 16 snapshots from an activist tour to the South Hebron Hills
Published on February 7th, 2015.
”’Netanyahu is a dope. He won’t win. They take away my water, but will I die? I will not. I will find a way to get water. They destroy my mosque, but will I stop praying? I will not. I will continue to pray.”’
(4) A night of horror: Stabbing at Jerusalem Pride; murderous burning in the West Bank
Published on July 31st, 2015.
”This morning, many of us awoke from nightmares in the form of dreams to nightmares in the form of news updates.”
(5) It was incredibly good to spend today in the West Bank
Published on October 7th, 2015.
”And maybe it sounds cliche, or kitschy, or overwrought, or not enough, or naive, and maybe it’s all those things, but it was also exactly what I needed to restore a least a little sliver of faith in what we are trying to do, many of us, for the sake of all of us, for the sake of this place.”