[An aside]: 100,000 page views on The Leftern Wall, as of this minute, at 9:48 AM on May 13th, 2014, since I started blobbing* on January 30th, 2012. That is a lot of human beings, even if many of these views are just my mom and grandmother clicking refresh. I thought that this could be a nice moment to re-link to 10 of my most read/shared/viewed pieces since 2012 (on this blog and YouTube, not including external sites, and my many pieces on +972, HuffPo, CGNS, Times of Israel and few in Sojournors, Haaretz, etc, for which I don’t have stats):
1. Why I Refuse: On God/Love, Nonviolence and Israel’s Military Occupation of the Palestinian Territories.(October 14th, 2012)
2. Jerusalem (May 17th, 2012):
3. 10 Reasons You Should Never Visit the “City of David” [Again] (February 6th, 2014)
4. 10 Things I Really Like About Living in Israel (Note: This is Not a Sarcastic Title) (June 6th, 2012)
5. Susiya (June 19th, 2012):
6. Ein Prat: “Forging a New Paradigm for Israel” (at the expense of Bedouin children) (July 3rd, 2012)
7. El Hakawati (June 27th, 2013):
8. Final Update Before My Draft Date (October 23rd, 2012) & A poem written on a shoe with a pen I snuck in my underwear into a skeletal cell in the IDF’s pre-jail holding center (November 5th, 2012) & Free (November 14th, 2012)
9. On Non-Zionism: Between Bradley Burston and Philip Weiss (and with Dimi Reider) (June 24th, 2012)
10. And from this week, pushing me into the 6-digit-realm (somehow, though, not financially…): What To Do When Rammed by a Man in an Electronic Wheelchair Fundraising for 10 Needy Holocaust Survivors: (May 10th, 2014) & the followup, A Response from Morris, the Man from the Market (May 12th, 2014). I’m still reeling from, processing and reviewing these last two in my mind and soul.
*The video from the first blogpost, in January 2013, and which was also an impetus for opening the blog in general, can be seen here:
Anyway, it has been a privilege and pleasure to be in conversation with so many of you thus far: thanks, all. Onwards.