1. All of them flup flupping
it’s a windy, a delicious day
2. If I die in a suicide bombing
please do not remember me
as a Suicide Bombed.
3. Outside of the hall, six or twelve people
yell PalestiNazis! PalestiNazis! [i/la]conically
their voices cracking into a megaphone.
4. flup flup
5. The kids didn’t know what the Green
Red Black and White stood for. Palestinians
or Jewish kids. At first: sadness, but then:
progress? The Prophet, revisited, intones:
Let nation not lift up flag against nation
Let them wave their cloth no more.
5. Four planes fly over, leaving white
trails in the blue sky, tight formation
and then down towards the buildings
I look at my phone, 4-23. Not as crisp
as 9-11. The planes swoop back up.
6. I don’t I don’t I
7. So and but: On the 4th of July
did I notice? The memorial
floutist’s flute does
not work. A grin
in a serious
8. As the second siren goes
off an [presumably] Arab worker
continues banging on a wall.
9. flup flup flup